Andrew's 30th
Here's a glimpse of what we did on Andrew's 30th birthday. It was quite the day.
(here's Anna looking a little unsure of what we are getting into!)
The day started off with Andrew, Anna, and I hiking, no, climbing the Precipice Trail. I don't even know how to explain what this trail is. I've heard "it was like the turned a mountain into a jungle gym." I would add that it was a very scary jungle gym. There are many areas where you use "ladders" to climb up the trail, on the side of a mountain! It also happened to be a rainy morning so we were doing this trail on wet rocks and climbing into the clouds.
We made it to the top. Thank the Lord!
(I'm a little bummed that we didn't get any pictures of the scariest parts--we were only thinking about not falling off!)
On the way down, we took a different trail that was much, much easier and we could all smile again.
Of course the day ended with a few presents and cake.
Happy 30th Birthday Andrew! We love you!